Thanks for dipping your toes into my site and taking a look around.
It recently occurred to me that my true passion in life is, well, bathtubbing! I’ve been taking refuge in the tub since I was a little girl, and really, a bath works wonders for my mind, body and soul.
Can you relate?
If so, this site is for you. Well, really it’s for all bathtubbers—neophytes, experimenters, remodelers, healers—basically anyone who is curious to explore the nourishing powers of a good bath.
It’s quite extraordinary to think that people have been bathtubbing since ancient times. Whether sinking into a communal baths in ancient Rome or Turkey, or enjoying a modern-day bath in Scandinavia or a soak in the hot tub in the U.S., there’s no doubt about it:
Throughout history and across the globe, baths hold special powers to connect us to each other and ourselves, to heal what ails us, and nourish our spirits.
Of course, they can also help us stay squeaky clean.
So with all that good ju-ju in the bathtub, it’s high-time to create a site devoted to this unique activity.
Here on The Bathtubber, you’ll find:
- DIY projects like how to make bath bombs and how to turn your bathtub into a jacuzzi.
- Expert designer tips on bathroom remodeling–including how to save a fortune.
- Buyer’s guides for various tub types at a range of prices, including hot tubs, freestanding tubs, and clawfoot tubs.
- An in-depth look at the diverse health benefits of a good soak.
- Reviews of products that promise to enhance your tub and bathroom, along with news of sales and discount codes.
I also answer the questions that keep you tossing and turning at night:
- Why do jacuzzi jets make you itch?
- Should you caulk around a bathroom vanity?
- Are air tubs worth the money?
- Should bathroom faucets match light fixtures and doorknobs?
- What’s the secret to a more bubbly bubble bath?
My goal is to give you the most serene bathroom and the best bath possible. Please let me know if you’ve got ideas to share.